The next meeting of the NWBLT’s Forum is taking place on Monday 15th May in the Atrium at Daresbury Laboratory, Warrington. The event commences at 4pm with an optional tour of the Virtual Engineering Centre which will include a visit to one of the VEC’s virtual laboratories. The Virtual Reality laboratory is where industry comes to co-innovate and develop new products and processes using a range of virtual engineering tools such as Virtual Reality. The VEC will demonstrate how Bentley Motors have used such technologies to successfully develop new products more quickly and cost effectively. There will also be a demonstration of how VR is being used in the medical sector.
The main meeting at 5pm for 5.30pm will open with a presentation from Katy Gearing from the Royal Society who are engaging with the wider science community across the North West. There will then be a panel discussion with Q&A from the audience.
The panel will includes:-
- Emma Degg, Chief Executive, NWBLT (in the Chair)
- Thierry Delange , Manager North West Office, RTC North
- Dr Katy Gearing, Head of Industry Engagement, The Royal Society
- Prof Susan Smith, Head of Laboratory, Daresbury Laboratory at STFC
- John Whaling, Innovation & Strategic Investment Lead, Liverpool City Region LEP
If you would like to attend this meeting please email email@example.com – please let her know if you like to attend the optional tour at 4pm (places are limited for the tour).